Reports To: Marketing Manager
Exemption Status: Exempt
About Caffe Ladro:
Now a Seattle coffee institution, Caffe Ladro opened our first location on Upper Queen Anne in 1994. People ask about the company name origin. Caffe Ladro is Italian for coffee thief. When we opened up right next to Starbucks and we intended to pinch their customers with the best Seattle coffee and staff we could find.
From the intimate vibe of that single café and bakery, we have grown to 18 locations in and around Seattle. Each Caffe Ladro maintains our superb Seattle coffee, signature friendly atmosphere, and freshly baked goods made by our own in-house bakery.
Ladro is looking for someone to manage the back end of our website, e commerce platform, as well as our electronic marketing efforts. The role of Marketing and Website Lead requires a careful eye to detail and design, specific technical/web experience, and the ability to communicate effectively with media, colleagues, customers, vendors, and wholesale clients. Time management skills are critical, to ensure the ability to meet deadlines for important launches. Connecting authentically with local communities to our coffee community at large is essential to effectively relay our mission through all communications. Tracking of results will be expected.
- Work with Management team on annual/quarterly marketing plans for retail and online divisions.
- Vet communication regarding potential events and our participation
- Support Marketing Manager on creation and distribution of retail signage, wholesale print materials & presentations, when needed
- Assist in reworking of packaging & labels when needed
- Compose art files for merchandise logos, and submit to vendors in correct format
- Contribute photos/videos for use on website, online store, social media, and Mailchimp newsletters, and edit appropriately for individual sites/usage
- Manage the Ladro newsletter, and Wholesale email list, and keep it clean per platform mandates
- With support of Marketing Manager, plan and write promotional emails (about 2/month) for online order deals, new coffee releases, last chance coffee purchases with an eye toward growing sales month over month/year over year.
- Target specific customers based upon prior purchases, time since last purchase, a likelihood to purchase again with promotional, and educational emails
- Determine when deals should also be pushed to Twitter and Facebook and set campaigns appropriately
- Manage abandoned cart emails using CartStack
- Manage media list
- With support of Marketing Manager, write and share email and hard copy press releases/images/samples with members of the media list and track responses, publications and/or shares
- Create new location pages and manage existing location pages on Yelp, Google, Bing, Trip Advisor, Four Square, and Facebook (Instagram geo-tagging comes from the Facebook location page)
- Post to Google My Business locations pages weekly with a new image from our content—showcase new drinks and bakery items, in-store deals on store pages. On business office and roastery pages, showcase the online deals with discount codes and links as available
- Respond to all reviews and/or messages on Google, Yelp, Trip Advisor, social channels and our website with gratitude and work toward recovery when necessary.
- Share positive and negative customer reviews with store managers, roastery staff, bakery staff, and Operations personnel for celebration, coaching, and improvement
- Maintain the Caffe Ladro/Ladro Roasting Facebook back-end which includes making managing location pages, and update the business account for Instagram advertising and the store hosted in Facebook that permits Instagram integration
Web & E Commerce Duties:
- Manage WordPress and plugin updates on WP website (including payments)
- Coordinate site back-up and server space (including payments)
- Take photos and format images for size and compression for web
- Website speed optimizations - maintain where they're in place and always look for ways to improve
- Contribute written content for blog posts, as needed
- Maintain and evolve website, upon direction of Marketing Manager
- Create coffee, merchandise, and bakery items in online store
- Maintain accurate Ritual One mobile ordering platform pages with café products
- Change viewing permissions on online store items, as directed
- Manage customer type settings in Nexternal
- Analyze online sales data, and share with Marketing Manager to improve
- Continuously manage and update SEO on website & blog
- Create landing pages for promotions and/or launches
- Read and approve/or don’t approve reviews of products in Nexternal; Read and answer customer questions in Nexternal
- Monitor Google Analytics to guide web and email decision making/updating; Update Google Analytics with additional or changing IP addresses for accurate online visitor data
- Create and Schedule Google Ads and track ROI—no budget for this currently
- Passion for coffee and experience in the industry highly preferred
- Experience and /or degree in E Marketing or Web Development desired
- Fluency in website design, layout and maintenance (ideally on WordPress)
- Ability to optimize SEO and website speed required
- Graphic Design and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite needed, Video editing ability also desired
- Experience with Nexternal, and QuickBooks interface beneficial
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be reliable and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt and willingness to cross train
- Outgoing friendly attitude… HAVE FUN!
- Collaborate effectively with direction from multiple departments