The Production Roaster reports to the Head of Roasting and Quality Control (QC) and is responsible for production roasting, green coffee inventory management, and general tasks related to production workflow and roastery cleanliness. The Production Roaster makes weekly trips to the off-site freezer facility to collect green coffee as directed and assists the Head of Roasting and QC and Director of Coffee with green and roasted coffee inventory management. They participate in weekly production cuppings and assist the Head of Roasting and QC with on-going roaster cleaning and maintenance as well as general cleaning and organization of Plum St. roasting areas.
- Be a respectable citizen of the city or neighboring town within a 30 mile radius of HQ.
- Own a cell phone with the ability to call, text, email, and support work-related applications.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours a week and accept that responsibilities may fall outside of the M-F daytime hours.
- Proficiency with email, Google Suite and operations-related applications.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a positive and constructive manner.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities with an attentiveness to detail.
- Excellent general coffee knowledge.
- Good technical awareness of roasting machines, very comfortable troubleshooting and working with technical support to address equipment issues when needed.
- Extremely detail oriented, derives satisfaction from long hours of focused, task based work, while maintaining quality and consistency of roasting and QC protocols.
- Knowledge of and interest in B-Corp practices
- Intentional about decreasing waste and any negative environmental impacts.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Desired Work Experience
- Minimum 1 year roasting on large volume production roasting machinery required.
- Familiarity with Cropster Roasting Intelligence and C-sar Online Platform preferred but not required.
- Cupping experience is preferred but not required.
- Salary range - $38-42K
- Health and dental insurance available
- PTO / VTO included
Reports To: Head of Roasting and Quality Control