Goodmylk Co is seeking a well qualified individual for the position of Sales Lead. In this role, you will work with our VP of Sales, wholesaler partners, and B2B partners to achieve volume and distribution goals, promote the Goodmylk brand, and ensure product quality and prominence in the assigned territory. You will develop expert-level knowledge of Goodmylk Co’s products and brand and represent us at on-premise and off-premise accounts.
The Sales Lead position is full-time, salaried, overtime-exempt with opportunities for commission and sales incentive bonuses. The Sales Lead will travel to accounts throughout Southern California (occasionally beyond), with a focus on the Los Angeles area.
- Open new accounts based on company goals.
- Identify and open new local accounts for self-distribution.
- Develop/open new accounts that could be fulfilled by our distributors. Follow through with distributor/account relationships and setup.
- Regular account calls and visits.
- Responsible for relationships with 80+ accounts.
- Weekly account check-ins/visits.
- During account visits: Establish relationships with buyers and account representatives; improve visibility and representations of Goodmylk’s brand; provide marketing/advertising tools and assistance; push for expanded offerings; provide samples; inform on company news and upcoming releases; QC checks; collect and report account information/data.
- Sales calls/meetings with self-distributed accounts: Solicit orders and promote expanded offerings and maintain relationships.
- Working with VP of Sales, assist distributors with sales growth: Communicate regularly with Distributor Sales Reps; analyze performance of distributor accounts; assist with marketing and promotion by visiting accounts, conducting tastings, and representing Goodmylk at marketing events for targeted accounts.
- Sales analysis and goals: Regularly review sales numbers and ensure targets are met; determine priority list for account visits based on performance and other desired metrics; provide weekly reports to management on sales performance.
- Marketing and representation: Conduct weekly marketing and/or tasting events at key accounts; represent Goodmylk at local events, markets, and other marketing events (when COVID restrictions lift); work with events and communications team to identify opportunities for new marketing initiative or merchandise that should be developed
- At least two years of sales experience working in the beverage industry.
- A passion for coffee and knowledge of the local cafe market
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and extremely personable.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet and database software, including excel and google drive.
- Strong intuition on sales development and merchandising.
- Very organized with strong attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work occasional weekend and evening events as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and a registered, reliable, and insured vehicle, and ability to drive between assigned accounts. (Will be compensated with a vehicle stipend and mileage reimbursement).
- Job offers will be contingent on the results of a background check.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Growth Potential and Career Advancement
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Sales incentive programs