The James Cafe and Delicatessen is looking for a full-time Manager for our upcoming opening in The Strip District, Pittsburgh for this new café & delicatessen brand by the boutique real estate developer Hullett Properties.
The Strip District is a neighborhood in transition from warehouse industrial to a vibrant live/work/play community and presents a competitive opportunity for a modern offering. The Strip District is now home to new condominium buildings and new tech company offices – Facebook, Bosch, Aurora, UBER, Apple, Bombardier, etc. – along with a large film & TV studio and some of the best restaurants in the city and highest residential rents. It is the most exciting neighborhood in Pittsburgh. Come to Pittsburgh!
We are looking for someone with a passion for the industry who shares the same values that we have. This position will require extensive knowledge of the coffee and food service industry and experience working high-volume coffee services. This position will require an equal share of customer service as well as managing the day-to-day tasks required to keep the coffee shop in peak operating condition and brand creation.
Applicants should enjoy working with the public, be open to navigating new challenges, and exhibit a willingness to solve everyday problems in conventional and creative ways.
Candidate must be:
- Passionate about hospitality and coffee
- Experienced as a barista in high volume environments
- Upbeat and able to lead a team to deliver exceptional service at all times
- Committed to success of building a new brand from the ground up
- Intuitive, quick to think on their feet, and able to keep a level head during busy and challenging times
- Well-presented and possess result-oriented commitment
- Preparing and serving quality coffee, tea, and other variety of beverages to exacting standards
- Driving sales, maximizing proﬁtability
- Training new staff
- Building relationships with regular clients
- Properly handling and maintaining all
- Responding to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efﬁcient
- Ordering & monthly stock-taking
- Ensuring site is health and safety and food safety compliant
- Managing inventory and orders
- Executing brand identity and brand growth and generating brand partnerships
- A high school diploma or general education
- 2 years’ experience in either retail, hospitality, or customer service.
- Ability to read and communicate in English proﬁciently.
- Strong ability to multi-task and managing
- Possession of leadership qualities
- Basic mathematical
- Strong customer service communication
- Ability to follow, communicate and enforce directions
- Getting in on ground floor of a new brand in an urban market in transition with a multiple location strategic goal
- Competitive full-time salary with benefits
- Significant profit share available for the right candidate
- Christmas bonus
- Indoor secured bike racks for employee use
- Strong career leadership growth opportunity with second and third Pittsburgh locations in real estate properties owned or being developed by owner
- Bi-monthly staff outing
- Generous vacation time
To apply, please send your cv and cover letter to: email@example.com
Website : https://www.thejamescafe.com / https://www.hullettproperties.com