February 5, 2024
La Marzocco USA is hiring a Sales Representative for the SE Territory!
Why work at La Marzocco USA?
At La Marzocco, we believe every interaction is an opportunity for a deeper connection. As a leader in coffee equipment technology since 1927, La Marzocco is committed to the craft of hospitality, the pride of service, and the humility of our responsibility to future generations.
Each La Marzocco espresso machine is assembled by hand in Florence, Italy. La Marzocco USA is in Ballard with sister offices worldwide, and our factory in Italy. At La Marzocco, we pride ourselves on our artisan heritage, our passion for coffee and commitment to our customers. As a member of the team at La Marzocco USA, you’ll thrive on providing exceptional hospitality experiences regardless of your role.
What we offer you:
How you’ll have an impact at La Marzocco:
The Regional Sales Representative for the SE Territory reports to the Director of Sales and is responsible for all sales and La Marzocco USA partner support in the states of Virginia, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida. This sales position is focused on ongoing market development with an emphasis on: prospecting new customers aligned with La Marzocco brand values; consistent management of the existing reseller partner network; strategic planning for growing core business and adding tangible value to reseller partners; ongoing expansion of brand presence across the entire territory. Dynamic hospitality, passion for coffee, comfort with public speaking/product demonstrations, enjoyment of field work, a strong competitive spirit, collaborative teamwork, experienced knowledge of the coffee industry, pride in excellent customer service and a deep appreciation for café culture are all necessary qualities to thrive in this position. The Regional Sales Representative will also have a fluent command of La Marzocco’s entire product portfolio and an authentic passion towards inspiring devotion to our brand, machines, and heritage.
As a Regional Sales Rep, a typical day might include a mix of the following:
· New business development, including generating leads and prospects, attending industry events, and utilizing online lead generation tools. Establishing relationships with potential clients and providing valuable insights or solutions to their challenges. Conducting market research and competitive analysis.
· Managing existing Partner Relationships by assessing their ability to support the sales they make and take measures to help them improve. Establish trust, provide excellent customer service, and address any inquiries or concerns promptly.
· Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of La Marzocco’s products, accessories and service promise. Effectively demonstrate the features, advantages, and benefits of La Marzocco machines to potential customers.
· Providing regular reports on top activities and changes in your market including sales activities, forecasts, market insights, conversion rates, customer acquisition costs, revenue generated, and feedback from our top customers.
· Collaborating closely with internal teams, such as marketing, product development, and customer solutions, to ensure alignment and support for new business initiatives, a seamless customer experience, and successful implementation of new projects.
· Visiting La Marzocco clients across the SE territory regularly, attending trade shows and industry events, and building relationships face-to-face, and attending and hosting La Marzocco events within the SE Territory.
· Location: Must be based in the SE United States (VA, GA, FL, NC, SC, TN, KY, LA, AR, AL, MS, FL) with access to a major airport.
· Compensation Range: $75,000-$120,000 depending on experience, inclusive of base salary + commission
· Schedule: Full time, M-F 40 hours/week, with evening and weekend events as required
· Reports to: Sales Director
· Physical requirements: Ability to handle long periods of both sitting and screen time; ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Travel requirements: 40% travel within assigned territory, occasional international travel. Valid Driver’s License required.
What you’ll bring to the table:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· At least five years’ experience in sales management, proven ability to achieve sales targets required. Knowledge and experience in Specialty Coffee highly desired.
· Excellent relationship management skills, ability to initiate new relationships and serve customers with a hospitality mindset.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce experience highly desired.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Self-starter, highly driven and goal-oriented. Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers allowing the new employee room for future growth. The exact base salary is determined by various factors including experience, skills, education, geographic location, and budget.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes employees with a range of backgrounds and experiences. We believe this enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified Applicants should send their Cover Letter and Resume to:
Andrea Rennie, Director of Human Resources: