To Embrace People,
and Spread Love -
One Greeting, One Connection,
One Relationship at a Time
We are a locally owned company founded in Woodinville in 1998. Over the years, we have grown to 12 Eastside locations, including our newest Flagship Roastery and Bakery, Redmond Cafe, Woodinville, and Bothell Drive locations. We have won numerous awards for our commitment to excellence.
We are intensely focused on providing the most memorable Customer Service, Organic Coffee, Specialty Beverage, and Bakery experiences throughout our diverse company platform and world-class Flagship Roastery and Bakery in Bellevue.
We invite you to be a part of a team that prides itself on three core principles:
COFFEE. CULTURE. COMMUNITY.
Mercurys Coffee Co. is seeking an Area Manager to join our Corporate team. The Area Manager will play a pivotal role in our overall growth of the company and will be responsible for maintaining quality, sales, staff retention, and growth while embodying our core values; providing leadership, and inspiring culture. This individual is a team player, who operates with a high level of integrity, accountability, and good judgement. This role will work closely with leaders from the Store Operations, Finance & Accounting, HR and other teams. This role will report directly to the Director of Retail Operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Manage schedules for all stores from a sales and labor percentage model, including forecasting weather, holidays and school schedule issues
· In charge of retail operational reporting, including P & L, sales, labor, etc.
· Run and manage itinerary and content for weekly/biweekly store manager meetings
· One-on-one connects with each manager on a weekly basis
· Visit locations weekly based on sales and location needs to support management and staff
· Conduct store evaluations (1 hour) for each store biweekly
· Manage and respond to End of Shift recap emails
· Create and implement processes and procedures that promote teambuilding, culture and recognition
· Conduct upper level management interviews, make hiring decisions, manage the recruiting and training programs
· Manage employee conduct, relations, and HR topics within retail stores
· Give feedback on job status of other employees (such as hiring, firing, promotions, or assignments)
· Be an ambassador of company culture and promote it within each store
· Create new ideas for retail promotions, as well as implement and manage all retail promotions
· Be the driving force behind all retail sales
· Willingness to perform other tasks as assigned by upper management
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
· At least 18 years of age
· 3 years senior management experience (overseeing managers), ideally in the coffee, restaurant, or retail industry
· Background in mentoring, training and developing teams
· Openness to a constant varied schedule
· Reliable means of getting to and from work
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with close attention to detail.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency along with the ability to manage confidential information.
· Ability to pay great attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Mercurys offers a competitive benefits package: