Assistant Coffee Roaster
To Embrace People,
and Spread Love -
One Greeting, One Connection,
One Relationship at a Time
We are a locally owned company founded in Woodinville in 1998. Over the years, we have grown to 12 Eastside locations, including our Flagship Roastery and Bakery, Redmond Cafe, Woodinville, and Bothell Drive locations. We have won numerous awards for our commitment to excellence.
We are intensely focused on providing the most memorable Customer Service, Organic Coffee, Specialty Beverage, and Bakery experiences throughout our diverse company platform and world-class Flagship Roastery and Bakery in Bellevue.
We invite you to be a part of a team that prides itself on three core principles:
COFFEE. CULTURE. COMMUNITY.
Position overview: We are seeking an Assistant Coffee Roaster to work in our Flagship Roastery location in Bellevue. This is a full-time position.
- Prep beans for the roasting process, maintaining the roasting and grinding areas & equipment, and other tasks related to the roasting/grinding of coffee
- Package roasted coffee
- Prepare orders for local delivery as well as shipments for USPS, FedEx, and UPS pickup
- Maintain roastery cleanliness and orderliness
- Maintain inventory of packaging materials and supplies
- Collaborate with the Director of Coffee to create coffee profiles, develop roasting parameters, and establish tasting notes for new coffees
- Evaluate and sample new coffees each season
- Labeling, prepping, and filling of all coffee bags
- Manage stock levels at multiple facilities for roasted, green, and packaged coffee
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to regularly lift 50 lbs
- Displayed passion for working with specialty coffee
- Maintain a professional, flexible, and friendly attitude with varying tasks day-to-day
- Identify roasted and green coffees, detect green and roasted defects, and roast samples to proper levels
- Experience in setting up coffee tasting for the purpose of evaluation
- Able to identify and describe cup characteristics of roasted coffee using standard cupping procedures