The Packaging Manager will manage the packaging department of MZB-USA’s main roasting facility, which includes setting goals and objectives for the department, as well as establishing KPIs, ensuring operational efficiencies, and partnering with product development for successful new product launches. In addition, the person in this role must be a strong leader who can not only coach but mentor teams across the front-line as well as supervisors.
- Develop and lead packaging team to drive best in class culture of excellence
- Manage department efforts across shifts and with other departments and functions; collaborate and partner with other frontline teams and managers
- Establish department goals in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and employee development
- Lead in the development of processes (as they relate to the production / packaging) with the objective of producing the best product in the most efficient way, and at the lowest cost, without compromising safety or quality
- Identify cost reduction and continuous improvement opportunities in support of lean production efforts
- Determine and write suitable standard operating procedures that will govern the production operations
- Design work standards, KPIs, control charts, and systems, to aid in plant improvement
- Drive continuous improvement efforts for all stages of production in partnership with Stakeholders.
- Lead in the development process of supervisors and front-line (hourly) personnel
- Monitor compliance and all company standards as they relate to safety, environmental, and food safety regulatory requirements
- Establish and maintain department budget
- Ensure production operations are conducted in a safe and clean working environment, complying with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance of all GMP and safety standards
- Collaborate with the new products development team, R&D, Quality, and Sales regarding new items and RFPs
- Perform special projects and other duties as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years of management experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment, preferably a packaging function with a CPG company
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience managing in an industrial facility
- Formal 6-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) training preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be people-oriented and a strong leader, and mentor
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work independently and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (both inside and outside the company)
- Must have a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people and get results through others
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment for our family of employees. MZB-USA recruits and advances qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, marital status, military service, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other status protected by law. MZB-USA also prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and is fully dedicated to the safety of its workforce.
Food Safety Requirements and Responsibilities:
Must comply with all Federal, State, Corporate, Warehouse and Food Safety standards, policies, and guidelines (i.e., HACCP, GMP, SQF, FDA, etc.)
This is a description of the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned. This position requires ongoing training in accordance with the attached Job Training Matrix.