The person in this role will monitor and maintain all food safety and quality assurance initiatives, including, but not limited to, GMP, GFSI auditing schemes (SQF), Organic Systems Plans, Kosher certifications, and FDA regulatory requirements and will be responsible for food safety continuous improvement initiatives with the ultimate goal of achieving GFSI standards.
- Responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance Manager in making sure the company is following all food safety rules, guidelines, and law as mandated by the federal government and customer specific requirements.
- Assist with FSMA and FSVP regulations to ensure compliance
- Responsible for optimizing safe and productive operation of coffee packaging
- Ensure compliance to all SOP’s, SSOP’s and GMP
- Fully monitor, record and validate all food safety checks, including HACCP, CPs, Sanitation Verification and all quality and food safety programs
- Execute or coordinate outside 3rd party microbiology tests on environment samples and water sources in accordance with QA requirements
- Fully manage Document Control program ensuring all SSOP, SOP, Policies, Vendor COA, Letter of Guarantees, Non-GMO, Organic and other regulatory documents are updated
- Train production employees in function specific quality control tasks, standards and responsibilities and/or programs.
- Police and ensure all areas are clean and well organized with proper reports to management of GMP violations, inspecting facility on daily basis
- Audit procedures, programs, and verifications, post and pre-production, implementing necessary corrective action
- Ensure equipment SOP, calibration and verifications efforts are effectively implemented and executed
- Monitor and update Customer Complaint log and assist with root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Communicate and follow MZB-USA’s Food Safety Commitment practices
- Notify any management or supervisory staff of any maintenance needs
- Serve as designated back-up SQF Practitioner
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent education in Food Science, Sciences, or Engineering fields
- PCQI, Internal Auditing and HACCP certifications required
- Three or more years' experience in food safety or quality assurance in a food and beverage manufacturing environment; experience with food production equipment is preferred but not required
- Must have a demonstrated and thorough understanding of all GMP, USDA Organic, HACCP, SQF, FDA and other food safety auditing schemes and regulations and auditing in a GFSI environment
- Experience with ERP, MRP, or other Inventory management systems with lot traceability and FIFO capabilities needed
- Familiarity with food packaging equipment
- Must have an excellent record in the areas of safety, attendance, performance, and discipline
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel; general knowledge of relevant computer programs
- Leadership and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with management, peers and subordinates
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Team-oriented problem solver who takes ownership of their work
- Ability to recognize training opportunities
- Must be a self-motivated individual and able to work independently, as well as maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (both inside and outside of the company)
- Eagerness to promote the Food Safety Culture
- Enthusiasm to influence people to follow food safety program
Food Safety Requirements and Responsibilities
- Standing up to 70% of time
- Sitting up to 30% of time
- Lift/Pull: Picking up ingredients or packaging related material as it pertains to inspecting for quality assurance purposes.
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing and able to frequently lift 25 lbs.
Must be willing and able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
Must comply with all Federal, State, Corporate, Warehouse, and Food Safety standards, policies, and guidelines (i.e. HACCP, GMP, SQF, FDA, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment for our family of employees. MZB-USA recruits and advances qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, marital status, military service, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other status protected by law. MZB-USA also prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and is fully dedicated to the safety of its workforce.