Coffee Training Professional / Trainer (Level 1)
Arlington, TX | Full-Time, Salary, On-Site
The Coffee Training Professional role will teach Texas Coffee School class curriculum geared toward entrepreneurs who are opening coffee shop businesses, and their staff. This includes both hands-on coffee education with professional coffee equipment, and teaching our curriculum for starting, operating, and growing a coffee shop business. This full-time salaried position will also assist in day-to-day operations, customer service, and coffee business consulting projects. This position requires strong public speaking and communication skills as an essential part of this role. (Confidence in teaching, leading, and speaking in front of an adult audience is an absolute must.) Previous experience in the specialty coffee industry, and Wed-Sun availability are required.
This position offers plenty of opportunity for advancement within our 13 year old company and affords you the ability to take your career to the next level. This role is based out of our Arlington, Texas (Dallas, Fort Worth Metroplex) facility, and will require working multiple full weekends every month. Our work week is Wed-Sun and we almost never exceed 40 hour weeks. We highly value quality of life and offer a unique life-oriented schedule that allows our team to complete the majority of their duties in 3 days with 2 lighter and shorter days to start each work week. Fair and competitive compensation will be based on relevant experience and candidate’s ability to shine within our team.
We Also Offer:
- Health insurance benefits available after 4 months of employment
- Performance $ Bonus (on top of base pay)
- 10 days paid vacation after 6 months of employment with potential to increase after first year
- Paid Sick Time
- Company provided lunches on class days
- A gift card toward a tank of gas each month
- Plenty of room to advance to higher positions based on candidate’s ability to shine within our team.
- Opportunities to grow through professional development training and attending industry events
- Opportunities to connect with entrepreneurs from around the world who are opening coffee shops
- Opportunities to engage with national level companies in the specialty coffee industry.
- Multiple company paid holidays every year
- Occasional 3 and 4-day weekends
- All you can drink coffee while working!
- Learn Texas Coffee School's training curriculum and teaching techniques
- Teach Texas Coffee School curriculum geared toward entrepreneurs who are opening coffee shop businesses, and their barista staff. (This will include both hands-on training and lecturing.)
- Assist on consulting projects
- Collaborate with leadership and take initiative to expand and improve our programs
- Interact with students from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures
- Prepare training facility for all classes & clean afterward
- Assist management with additional tasks as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the above-mentioned duties successfully.
- Work experience in the Specialty Coffee industry within the last 5 years
- Demonstrate a passion for specialty coffee and teaching
- Strong/confident public speaking and communication skills in front of groups of adults
- Coachable – Able to receive and implement feedback quickly
- Natural ability to help others understand advanced concepts through approachable methods of explanation
- Proactive and assertive – Able to take initiative as a member of the team
- Organized and detailed – Able to effectively self manage time to complete a variety of tasks and personal development goals
- Available to work multiple weekends (Sat. and Sun.) every month. (Our normal business days are Wed. - Sun., closed Mon. and Tue.)
- Able to use a Mac computer and the Mac and Office suites of common business software
- Physical Demands - This role requires the employee to frequently stand and speak for long periods of time, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch; and do physical demonstrations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Join our tight knit team and be apart of our mission to empower independently owned specialty coffee shops that are disrupting the industry! Apply today!