The Senior Team Leader of Operations provides overall leadership, direction, management, and supervision of Allegro Facilities, with a focus on safety, quality, continuous improvement, Leadership and Team Member hiring, training and development, and employee relations. Provides guidance to Associate Facility Team Leaders ( AFTLs) and Team Leaders (TLs) in team operations including labor and regulatory compliance, inventory control, scheduling, expense control, and operational performance. Responsible for operational execution, financial performance, and special projects as assigned.
• Responsible for all areas of facility execution and performance including safety, quality, efficiency, and financial execution.
• Act as Executive Leader of Allegro, in conjunction with other Senior Team Leaders, in their absence.
• For SQF purposes, this position, being part of Leadership and Operations, is considered a High level of Responsibility with the back-up position of Executive Leader.
Culture, Values, and Team Members
• Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market / Allegro Core Values and Leadership Principles.
• Establish and maintain a positive work environment to achieve an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale, happiness, and engagement.
• Communicate and uphold safety, quality, operational, and company-wide programs and standards with AFTLs, TLs, and Team Members.
• Interview, select, train, develop and counsel Associate Facility Team Leaders and Team Leaders in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
• Provide, timely, thorough, and thoughtful job dialogues.
• Work collaboratively with Team Member Services on Team Member relations including investigations, corrective action documentation, and termination paperwork.
• Proactively select individuals for development into potential ATLs, TLs, AFTLs and Senior TLs.
• Work with AFTLs and TLs to build out development plans on their teams for operational sustainability.
• Develops KPIs and drives improvement projects to meet the established goals/targets.
• Knows, enforces, and maintains compliance in step with all regulatory and safety standards related to OSHA, SQF, GMPs, HACCP, QAI, Colorado Air Emissions Standards and FDA.
• Provides external audit support.
• Establishes and manages safety, quality, and productivity standards for all Team Member positions.
• Requires adherence to standard operating procedures through training and operational audits.
• Responds quickly to any issues in safety and quality, including customer complaints, communicating Root Cause findings or CAPA plans.
• Regularly inspects the facilities to ensure compliance with all programs, policies, and standards.
• Reviews and monitors inventory, scheduling, performance, purchases, and other expenses to ensure teams and facilities are within budget.
• Helps drive technological advances that improve safety, quality, productivity, and accuracy; ensures ability to pay back capital expense.
• Develops and leads facility projects – collecting, compiling, analyzing, and presenting information.
Communication and Teamwork
• Develops and maintains open, cooperative, and participatory communication throughout Allegro and Whole Foods Market.
• Models and cultivates effective inter-facility and intra-facility communication to ensure that operational service is timely and accurate and that all relevant information is shared throughout the organization.
• Collaborates with the Senior Team Leader of Procurement to obtain upstream support of the facility goals.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive working relationships with Global/Regional Leadership, Senior Leadership, Coordinators, Team Leaders, Team Members, and Global Support Teams.
• Establishes and maintains positive external relationships including customers, vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of operations to include manufacturing, maintenance, distribution, quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
• Able to translate strategic objectives into clear, tangible actions across all levels.
• Identifies risks and threats in current and emerging operational strategies and outcomes.
• Understands how these threats may impact operational effectiveness, resources, and costs.
• Demonstrates understanding of industry, market, and company dynamics and business drivers.
• Demonstrates understanding of partner and competitor dynamics and business drivers.
• High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company aspirations.
• Knowledge of all relevant Whole Foods Market and Allegro policies and standards.
• Balances the big picture with the details of daily operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and leadership skills.
• Meets all customer service expectations and standards in interactions with customers, vendors, and fellow Team Members.
• Ability to work well with others as a part of a team; self-motivated and capable of working independently as well.
• Must possess a strong commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement with a hands-on, cooperative approach in a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills and accountability in completing all tasks in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively.
• Shows excellent follow through and follow up.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills including the ability to utilize Excel, X3, RedZone, Coupa, and Verisae.
• Must be competent in report analyzing, scheduling, inventory control, and project management.
Desired Work Experiences
• Individual will have a minimum of 7 years of progressive manufacturing/maintenance/supervisory/ leadership experience, preferably in food manufacturing.