Mission of the Production Roaster
Our production roaster will ideally pursue coffee perfection, be dedicated to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability, and possess a commitment to creating premium coffee that people love.
Responsible the oversight of the daily roasting needs of coffee production to include the direct supervision of the coffee production staff. This position assists in the continuing development of roasting our coffee variations as well as staying on top of coffee and tea trends and recommending new or replacement profiles. Responsible for green coffee inventory, machinery maintenance and all other related supply ordering and inventory management.
- Roast current coffee profiles and fulfil daily coffee roasting needs.
- Ensure current roast profiles are being used to maintain quality control of coffee output.
- Perform routine cleaning, maintenance and calibration of roaster, and related equipment, control inventory, weighing, and portioning out for recipes.
- Work with owner to develop new roast profiles and product development.
- Plan and maintain food safety Certification audits and plant inspections.
- Maintain and oversee inventory of green and all coffee supplies to include, bags, labels, etc. and maintain a periodic inventory count.
- Manage a production team.
- Supervises, monitors, coaches and disciplines the Coffee production staff in their daily responsibilities.
- Interview, hires and evaluates new employees in the coffee production team positions.
- Ensures production staff is maintaining proper productivity levels and adhering to their required job responsibilities.
- Ensures the production area is staffed effectively to support the business.
- Bag coffee to fulfil outgoing orders.
- Drink lots of coffee.
- Assists the owners in the continuing growth of the coffee business
- Participates in daily cupping to ensure quality output of roasting profiles.
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Excellent organizational skills and troubleshooting capabilities
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn and try new techniques
- Flexibility and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
High school diploma or GED equivalent
- two years coffee roasting experience.
- 3 years production management experience in a similar industry setting
Koffee Kult is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity