At Nostalgia, we are so much more than just a coffee roaster. We’re scientists, dreamers, and innovators. Entrepreneurs and creatives. But most of all, we’re a diverse crew of coffee lovers that are transforming the industry and everyone around it. We are darn proud to be an LGBTQ and woman-founded company shaking up the industry for the better.
Our goal is to roast and deliver exceptional coffee with an unparalleled sensory experience to every customer every time. Our mission is to use our coffee as a catalyst for systemic change of which equity, inclusion, diversity, and sustainability are at the core. It all starts by making sure that everyone on our team is paid a thriving wage and an equal wage. Period. We ensure that women, LGBTQ, and BIPOC community members are in leadership roles. We work directly with producers to ensure they earn a thriving rate and fair price for their hard work. We give 5% of our revenue directly back to producers each year and we are working to make the majority of our coffee 100% women-produced.
We do all of this not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it leads to real impact, progress, and the betterment of our community, our team, our producers, and their communities. When we stick to these principles day in and day out, exceptional coffee follows.
As the Business Development and Sales Manager for Southern California, you will be responsible for carrying out our goals and mission of bringing exceptional coffee and an unparalleled sensory experience to as many people as possible. Whether it's with our innovative brew bags or our award-winning whole bean coffee, you will be seeking out, onboarding, and maintaining client relationships across a broad spectrum of industries including travel, hospitality, offices, cafés, and restaurants.
This position requires strong sales and coffee experience, excellent communication, an outgoing personality, an incredibly strong work ethic, and an independent self-starter attitude. The benefits include joining a fast-growing start-up with limitless potential, a flexible schedule, and equity incentives.
Vaccination Requirement: All Nostalgia Coffee employees must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall growth and development of the Southern California region and accounts
- Providing consultations for new wholesale customers including recommendations for appropriate beverage equipment and menu items with confidence and expertise
- Managing and developing the entire onboarding process of new wholesale customers and providing ongoing account support
- Effectively utilizing the available supporting teams across Finance, Marketing & Design, Operations, Technical Service, and Training to deliver excellence to each client
- Regularly conducting sales prospecting and leading management activities in Southern California to identify new business opportunities within cafes, bakeries, restaurants, country clubs, hotels and motels, and independent retail stores
- Utilizing and developing Nostalgia’s sales process, methodology, and CRM tools to conduct daily business activities
- Providing regular inputs for sales pipeline reports, sales forecasting, and working with management to execute sales strategy
- Responsible for achieving individual growth plans and assigned targets
- Increasing sales in existing business by presenting additional product lines and new opportunities for increased consumption
- Coordinating and carrying out client trainings, cuppings and menu consultations
- Identifying new growth opportunities and maintaining profitability
- Comfortable making sales calls, presenting to multi-unit accounts and working directly with key decision-makers
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of B2B sales experience required
- Experience in the specialty coffee industry is highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 2 years of B2B sales experience as an individual contributor required
- This position requires strong sales and business experience and a broad understanding of the beverage and coffee industry
- Vaccination Requirement: All Nostalgia Coffee employees must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against Covid-19
- Strong negotiation skills with a confident and kind demeanor
- Experience with MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to manage time and schedule effectively
- Familiar with sales prospecting methods and tools including sampling, presentations, drafting proposals, networking, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and a strong desire to nurture new wholesale customers
- Ability to work with and communicate clearly with a wide range of Nostalgia team members (marketing, roasting, production, accounting, design)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate Nostalgia’s mission and core values to new and existing customers
- Moderate technical aptitude with a desire to learn more regarding coffee cuppings, brewing techniques, and a general understanding of standard coffee equipment
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Formal sales training from a professional sales training organization is highly preferred
- Experience with marketing lead generation programs, business promotions, and marketing initiatives used with typical sales efforts
- Experience recording customer and sales pipeline information into a CRM system
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Monthly sales commission
- Flexible schedule
- High potential for internal growth, responsibilities, and leadership roles
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Employee stock options
- 1 free bag of coffee per week
- 25% discount on merchandise and coffee